Re: Error starting sqlplus

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 22:36:45 +0800

The message does assert that ORACLE_HOME hasn't been set.

Check if you are using the correct shell -- eg .profile might have been configured for a Bourne Shell
but your account might be running the CShell. Also, if in Bourne Shell, whether you are "export"ing
the variables.

Hemant
At 09:12 PM Monday, John Dunn wrote:

>Have just installed Oracle 10.2 on AIX 5. When I run sqlplus as
>oracle it runs OK. When I run it as another user I get the message below
>
>I thought the environment variables were not set, but .profiles are
>identical in terms of Oracle values
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
>
>Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
>
>SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory
>
>John

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital
and
http://hemantscribbles.blogspot.com
and
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" !"
Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html