Faststart Failover

From: John P Weatherman <jweatherman91_at_alumni.wfu.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 17:30:35 -0500

All,

Can anyone point me to a good white paper of setting up clients for Faststart Failover to a Data Guard standby? We are having issues with getting JDBC clients to restart properly, and Oracle wants us to verify that SqlPlus fails over normally. The problem is, I can't find a good paper to set up the SqlPlus failover so I don't know what exactly "normally" is. Any guidance would be appreciated. I haven't worked with Faststart until now and walked into the TAR my second day on the new job.

TIA, John

John P Weatherman
Oracle DBA
Asurion