Re: RMAN and Veritas NetBackup

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 21:51:45 +0800

Retry should be configured on the NetBackup side. Your RMAN Backups could be specific policies. Ask the Backup Administrators to review those policies.
You should not have to do anything from the Database server where the RMAN script
is executed.

Hemant
At 04:44 AM Thursday, Dave Bruce wrote:
>We are experiencing some issues with our Oracle backups. We have
>discovered that when an RMAN backup scheduled by NetBackup (via an
>Oracle specific class) runs into a problem, like a media error or no
>tape drive available it just stops running. The backup people see a
>NetBackup job just sitting there doing nothing and have to kill it
>to clear it.
>Dave Bruce

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital
and
http://hemantscribbles.blogspot.com
and
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" !"
Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html