Re: dbms_metadata.set_transform_param 'PRETTY' option does not work

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:13:43 +0100

Hence the saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

I find that you tend to get prettier output by also excluding the other details like storage clauses etc etc. More to the point since you are using apps you can use eTRM for this sort of stuff. Your object should be at https://etrm.oracle.com/pls/trm11510/etrm_fndnav.show_object?n_appid=200&n_tabid=15095&c_type=VIEW (metalink login required) and if I've got the version wrong you can use http://etrm.oracle.com/pls/etrm/etrm_search.search .

cheers

Niall

On 5/10/07, Binh Pham <binhpham15_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I issue these statements:
>
> SQL> execute
> DBMS_METADATA.SET_TRANSFORM_PARAM(DBMS_METADATA.SESSION_TRANSFORM,'PRETTY',true);
>
> SQL> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('VIEW','AP_TAX_LINES_SUMMARY_V','APPS')
> from dual
>
> The output does not look PRETTY at all.
>
> Does it only work with certain object types? This is the description of
> the option:
>
> PRETTY (all objects) - If TRUE, format the output with indentation and
> line feeds.
> Defaults to TRUE.
>
> Thanks.

> Catch suspicious messages before you open them—with Windows Live Hotmail.<http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2734??PS=47575>--