Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> Re: Does an upgrade of the db version affect index organization or number of entries returned from an index in a query?

Re: Does an upgrade of the db version affect index organization or number of entries returned from an index in a query?

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:36:14 -0500

Allan,

I think somebody on this list mentioned that there was a change in the CBO code between those two Oracle versions. I don't recall any other details. You could look at the bug fixes for 9.2.0.8 for hints. That seems like the logical explanation to me. Other than that, if the indexes are small, it couldn't hurt to rebuild them just to be confident.

Dennis Williams