RE: To autostart database or not?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:58:41 -0400

Dwayne,

You are not being over-controlling if you want to be called to come in every time the server burps. That is the only issue.

Personally, I do not want to be called. Let Oracle come up by itself and only call me if it fails to start.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.