Re: Dual homes on application clients

From: Neil Overend <neiloverend_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 08:38:14 +0100

YMMV but in my experience 9i client works happily against a 10g database ( and vice versa). We've got a mixture of 9i and 10g and for tns connections (via SQL*Plus / mod_plsql / Oracle Forms / Reports / database links / TOAD / SQL Developer) we've never had to worry about what version of the client we are using. It just works !

Just create your tns entries in the 9i client to point to the 10g database and it should all work fine.

Neil