Re: RMAN - Duplicate Database with Veritas to new server

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:01:40 -0700

On 5/8/07, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com> wrote:

> Have you enabled "alternate client" restores as documented at h<http://support.veritas.com/docs/196781>
> ttp://support.veritas.com/docs/196781 and in Metalink 209117.1 under the
> heading "Redirecting a Restore to a Different Client"?

> **

Thanks, but that veritas doc is pretty old.

It is no longer necessary to set the ORACLE_SID to that of the original database.
Besides, I had already tried it, as well as setting the client env var and in bp.conf.

The Oracle doc is on setting up Veritas 4.5. 5.1 is similar, but it already works, and
that doc does not seem to have anything relating to duplicate database.

--
Jared Still