RE: Logfiles in RAC database

From: Guang Mei <GuangMei_at_crd.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:44:40 -0400

No, each instance has it's own thread#. From my 2-node rac db:

SQL> select INST_ID,THREAD# from gv$log;

   INST_ID THREAD#

         1 1

         1 1

         1 2

         1 2

         2 1

         2 1

         2 2

         2 2

8 rows selected.

Guang

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Manmohan Jalsingh Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 4:28 PM
To: Bradd Piontek
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Logfiles in RAC database

Thanks.

Looks like I have to specify both inst_id and thread# on join between gv$logfile and gv$log. Any idea why just one of them is not enough. Isn't instance #1 should means thread#1 and instance#2 means thread#2. May be I am missing something.

<snip>