Re: Bind variable peeking and Dynamic sampling

From: Shivaswamy Raghunath <shivaswamykr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:58:30 -0400

Brandon,

To ALWAY_PEEK is to parse always, right?

Using DBMS_RLS, attaching a policy to the desired table - may be with a sequence, so that the sql is different each time - you can have different SQL each time. This will cause hard parsing and so ALWAYS_PEEKING.

I do not take credit to this novel idea. Tanel Podar presented a marvellous presentation in this year's HotSOS covering this.

For me, my oneliner script no_peek.sql has met the needs. alter session set "_optim_peek_user_binds"=false;

HTH,
Shiva