Re: Bind variable peeking and Dynamic sampling

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 20:09:05 +0200

On 5/8/07, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com> wrote: (snip)
> I've filed enhancement request 6030306 to add a hint or some other
> method of forcing Oracle to always hard-parse and bind-peek for certain
> queries. If any of you agree this would be a good enhancement, please
> submit an enhancement request of your own and reference the above ER
> number and if enough of us ask for it, hopefully they'll add it soon.

You mean something like http://tinyurl.com/2fogq9 ? I've spotted many, many other people on asktom asking for the same thing.

Is it possible to have a look at the text of your ER ? - don't think it's "public".

regards
Alberto

--
Alberto Dell'Era