RE: Bind variable peeking and Dynamic sampling

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 13:45:27 -0400

Brandon,

I agree that having a hint to selectively hard parse (or, really, just selectively recompute execution plan) would be quite useful. But I suspect Oracle is hesitant to provide it, for fear that it becomes a "magic bullet", and people begin overusing it, causing an overall degradation in performance. It would be great, but would need to be very selectively applied.

-Mark

PS Hmm....now, where do I go to file an enhancement request?

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Greg Rahn

Wolfgang's suggestion to remove any histograms might be the best bet.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue May 08 2007 - 12:45:27 CDT