Materialized view - Prebuilt table

From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 13:21:58 -0400

Hi,

I have to create MV on the prebuilt table as have some weird req to replicate 10g DB on 9i DB. Client migrated to 10g from 9i and want all data to be replicated till they get satisfied from 10g.

For test, I am creating a table on Master site and creating a same table with same scripts on Secondary site. MV is created, Refresh is successful but NO DATA is being transferred.

Sce - 2 - Create a table on Master site, Creating table on Secondary site with CTAS. MV is created, Refresh is successful but NO DATA is being transferred.

Sce - 3 - Create a table on Master site. Exported table, imported to secondary site. MV is created, Refresh is successful WITH DATA.

I was thinking that Export Import is just doing create table and insert data from the dump file, same way as I do with scripts manually. How does oracle identifies that this table is not the import of the same table on secondary site ?

SR is pending, waiting for their reply.

Also, I am restoring whole 9i DB to another machine for test, just curious if it will work, if I create MV .

--

Cheers,

Chirag Majmundar

--