Re: Question re Security and TDE

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 09:40:00 -0500

Bill,

I don't know TDE details, but here is a thought for you. In my observation, Oracle tends to provide the foundation for a feature in one database version, and then make it more practical in the next version. Others on this list will probably say I'm being way too nice, but you get my point.

    I think TDE shows that Oracle recognizes this is an issue they need to cover.

    Were I in your situation, my decision would be whether I should go ahead and get started with TDE with the expectation that Oracle will cover some of the gaps in a future release.

Dennis Williams