RE: Urgent ORA-00600: internal error code

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 08:28:47 -0400

John,

Before you start recreating control files, just do a couple of sanity checks:

Are the disk mount points and directory names exactly the same?

If so, can you do a "startup mount" command successfully? This will prove that Oracle can at least find and open the control files.

My guess is that you have directory naming issues here.

As for recreating the control files, do you have a "alter database backup controlfile to trace" result someplace? This will give you the sql to recreate the control files including using the reset logs option. If you do *not* have this script, issue the command on another database that is currently running. Look in the udump directory for the trace file. It will give you the script - review carefully!

Good Luck!

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of John Dunn Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 5:50 AM
To: Ghassan Salem
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Urgent ORA-00600: internal error code

Thanks for the reply

The redo logs are there(see below)

How do I "recreate the control files and reset logs"

-rw-rw---- 1 oracle9 oinstall 104858112 May 02 10:50 redo02.log

-rw-rw---- 1 oracle9 oinstall 104858112 May 02 03:19 redo01.log

-rw-rw---- 1 oracle9 oinstall 104858112 May 01 08:27 redo03.log

John

From: Ghassan Salem [mailto:salem.ghassan_at_gmail.com] Sent: 04 May 2007 09:50
To: John Dunn
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

This indicates a failure to find current redo logs, try to insure they are there, otherwise try to recreate the controil file and reset logs;

rgds

On 5/4/07, John Dunn <JDunn_at_sefas.com> wrote:

Following the replacement of a disk I did a mksysb restore on a AIX 5.2 machine running Oracle 9.2

All the Oracle software, data files etc were on a tar tape that has also been restored.

But now when I try to startup Oracle I get the message

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [3004], [1], [0], [0], [], [], [],

[]

Does anyone have any advice or information on this error?

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri May 04 2007 - 07:28:47 CDT