RE:Export a view

From: Daniel W. Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 15:49:42 +0000

Do you want to export the view definition or the data that would be selected from the view?

 For the view definition, don't use dbms_metadata as it can choke if there are not spaces between commas and columns (among other things). If you go to www.optimaldba.com you can download a zip file containing (among other things) several calls to cleanly extract view definitions. (the file location is http://www.optimaldba.com/papers/RMOUG.zip)

If you are wanting to export the data and the view is simple, you might try using the QUERY clause for export. I've personally never used it for more than just taking a small subset of rows from a single table at a time, but you might be able to deconstruct the view into simple statements against the tables.

Daniel Fink Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training OptimalDBA http://www.optimaldba.com Oracle Blog http://optimaldba.blogspot.com Join me at Miracle Scotland DB F orum! http://www.miracleltd.com/index.asp?page=167&page2=343

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu May 03 2007 - 10:49:42 CDT