Parallel slave on the other nodes - RAC

From: Shivaswamy Raghunath <shivaswamykr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:38:20 -0400

Hello.

I am on Redhat Linux. 3 Node RAC. 10.2.0.2.

I am using a service to connect to the instance thru sqlplusw. This service is not-TAF Enabled. So no pre-connect nothing. When I make a connection to any of the instances, I see parallel processes/slaves on the other two nodes/instances to which I have not connected. On the other node the process looks like "ora_pz99_* ". I have tried to research this. I have not got much info. But I don't have a clue why this is happening. The parallel parameters are (in case of interest):

NAME                                        VALUE

parallel_adaptive_multi_user TRUE parallel_automatic_tuning FALSE parallel_execution_message_size 4096 parallel_instance_group parallel_max_servers 160 parallel_min_percent 0 parallel_min_servers 12 parallel_server TRUE parallel_server_instances 3 parallel_threads_per_cpu 2

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shiva

--