Re: Disk layout for two instance servers

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 18:17:00 -0700

On 5/2/07, Neil Overend <neiloverend_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Our current production server (that I inherited) has a complex
> arrangement of disks with oracle files separated out to different disk
> arrays. And what we've ended up with is half the disks red hot and the
> other half under used.

... which is a great arguement for SAME.

Eliminate the headaches and hassles of deciding which files go where, and maximize throughput at the same time.

Unless you're tyring to out-benchmark someone else, I don't see the point of getting that granular in trying to allocate storage.

I'm not a storage expert, but I do know folks that are storage experts. They recommend it as well, and it works well for us.

--
Jared Still