Re: SSH Autologin problem

From: Greg Norris <spikey.mcmarbles_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 19:59:57 -0500

On 5/1/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm trying to configure a 2 node RAC cluster on RH
> Enterprise Linux. I'm trying to get SSH where it will
> sign in without a password. I've gotten node1 to
> connect to node2 without a password, no problem. I
> can't seem to get node2 to connect to node 1 without
> using a password.

If you haven't already, doublecheck the permissions on ~/oracle/.ssh, ~oracle, and all of the parent directories. OpenSSH, which is what I assume you're using, can be quite picky about group/world-writeable directores... it's possible to disable this check by setting "StrictModes no" in sshd_config, although that wouldn't be my recommended approach.

Another possibility (albeit unlikely) would be that the sysadmin has explicitly disabled public-key authentication, either globally or for specific users/groups. An examination of sshd_config should reveal this, assuming that they haven't also made the file unreadable (as my own sysadmins are rather fond of doing).

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.