RE: RAC - Is it wise/ok/possible to run multiple databases across the same cluster?

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 08:23:57 +1000

I have 7 instances in a test environment on a single pair of nodes, generally we are running 3 or 4 databases per pair of nodes in this test envionment. Dont have any issues with it per se. Interconnects dont seem to have an issue

RedHat 4 10.2 on HP blades and yes I voted

Cheers

From: Charles Schultz [mailto:sacrophyte_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, 1 May 2007 06:07 AM
To: post.ethan_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: RAC - Is it wise/ok/possible to run multiple databases across the same cluster?

Barb Lundhild (Product Manager for RAC) stated at Collaborate07 that Oracle highly recommends a minimum of two CPUs per instance. And virtual cpus (ala VMWare) do not count.

On 4/30/07, Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com> wrote:

        Are there any technical limitations in regards to running multiple databases across the same set of servers in the same cluster?

--

Charles Schultz

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Apr 30 2007 - 17:23:57 CDT