RE: DBLINKs in critical production system

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:03:17 -0400

Answers below

        From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Thotangare, Ajay (GTI)

	Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 10:43 AM
	To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
	Subject: DBLINKs in critical production system

	Hi Group,

	I have a question about dblink. I always hear that

- dblinks are not good in production system.
Nonsense. If you need current, as of now, Oracle data located
in another Oracle database then how else are you going to get it

        What production system isn't critical?

        Depends on how you configure them and on your database access policies.

        Can anybody please let me know the reason for such comments on dblinks.

        regards,

        Ajay

        If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here <http://www.ml.com/email_terms/> for important additional terms relating to this e-mail. http://www.ml.com/email_terms/