Re: [Q] way to check table last modify time?

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:14:44 -0600

Only way I can think of is by inference, by using the information sampled from V$SEGMENT_STATISTICS sampled over time by either STATSPACK or AWR. There is really nothing out there recording this information directly, unless there is a LAST_UPDATE_DATE column on the table populated by the application.

So, one idea using STATSPACK as an example, assuming that you are taking "snapshots" on an hourly basis, and also assuming that the information you want on "last modified time" can be of that granularity (i.e. hourly) and not more real-time, then you'd want to query the STATS$SEG_STAT table for the statistic of DB_BLOCK_CHANGES for changes over time. You might also consider looking for changes to PHYSICAL_WRITES and DIRECT_PHYSICAL_WRITES. To get segment identifying information, you'd have to join from STATS$SEG_STAT to STATS$SEG_STAT_OBJ.

Hope this helps...

Tim Gorman
consultant - Evergreen Database Technologies, Inc. 4651 Highway 73 - suite 308, Evergreen CO 80439

website = http://www.evdbt.com
email   = tim_at_evdbt.com
mobile  = +1-303-885-4526
fax     = +1-303-484-3608