Re: Monitor usage of columns

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:43:02 -0500

Thank you , Eric. This sounds very much like something I am looking for.

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Eric Jenkinson"
             <erichjenkinson_at_g
             mail.com>                                                  To
                                       genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com
             04/20/2007 07:52                                           cc
             AM                        oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Monitor usage of columns

On 4/19/07, genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com < genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com> wrote:

  Hi all:

  Is there a way in oracle (9i or 10g) to monitor access to the specific   columns? I'd like to see which of the existing   columns are never being accesses and remove them. Do I need to set up   auditing? Or is there another way
  (equivalent to index monitoring for instance)?

See if the following thread will be some help.

http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/05-2004/msg00464.html