fast refresh

From: Smith, Steven K - MSHA <Smith.Steven_at_DOL.GOV>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:20:11 -0600

Here's the statement:

create MATERIALIZED VIEW STEVE_TEST3_MVW refresh fast as (
  select

   ac.assess_case_seq_id,
   ac.violator_seq_id,
   ac.rowid ac_rid,
   vi.rowid vi_rid

from
 base_host.base_owner.
<mailto:base_host.base_owner.assessment_cases_at_test> assessment_cases_at_test ac,
 base_host.base_owner. <mailto:base_host.base_owner.violators_at_test> violators_at_test vi
where
 vi.violator_seq_id = ac.violator_seq_id )
/

I can create it as a FAST refresh in the base owner environment, but when I try and make it a fast refresh on a remote database using the database link, I get: ORA-12015: cannot create a fast refresh materialized view from a complex query.

The join columns have indexes on them. Materialized view logs with primary key and rowid are on both tables.

Any ideas?

Steve Smith

Desk: 303-231-5499