Re: Why no row source plans in tkprof output? -- More info please read...

From: Binh Pham <binhpham15_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:34:28 +0000

I do see stats written for some of the SQL's in the raw trace file, however, there is no row source plans for any of the SQL's in the tkprof output file.  There are many SQL's in this trace file and most of them if not all were completed.  The trace was turned off when the user transaction completed.

Can you explain that?

Also, the dump file size is unlimited.

Thanks for any additional input.

From:  "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@gmail.com>
To:  binhpham15@hotmail.com
CC:  oracle-l <oracle-l@freelists.org>
Subject:  Re: Why no row source plans in tkprof output?
Date:  Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:19:00 +0200

The STAT lines (row source operations) only get dumped in the tracefile when the cursor gets closed. If, for example, you're tracing a running session for a short period of time, you may not get any plans in the tracefile (and hence in tkprof).

If you're tracing your own session, as alexander suggested, quitting your session cleanly will help.

Stefan

On 4/24/07, Binh Pham <
binhpham15@hotmail.com> wrote:

Sometimes I have these "row source" plans (not the regular explain plans created by the explain=user/password parm) in my tkprof output, sometimes I do not see them.  I'm on

9.2.0.6 (HPUX).

Thanks for any explanation.

Download Messenger. Join the i'm Initiative. Help make a difference today.

=========================

Stefan P Knecht
Consultant
Infrastructure Managed Services