uncompress: corrupt input

From: Johnson, William L \(TEIS\) <WLJohnson_at_tycoelectronics.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:05:55 -0400

HP-UX 11.11 machine.

Export Dump file created using Oracle 9.2.0.4 export utility in February 2000.

We presume the export dmp file was compressed using the HP_UX compress command to yield the file abc.Z

The file was then transferred to a Windows Machine and burnt to a CD for long term storage.

We were requested to restore the data from the dmp file, and we can not uncompress the file on our HP-UX machine.

We do not know if the data was transferred in binary or Ascii format to the Windows machine.

We have tried gunzip on HP-UX, we have transferred the file to a PC and tried to unzip it there, we have tried uncompress on an HP-UX 11.0 machine - all to no avail. Everything ends with "corrupt input"

Does anyone happen to know any Oracle (or otherwise) software that we can utilize to repair or salvage the Oracle export dmp file we are sitting on today?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Johnson