URGENT RMAN question

From: Mandal, Ashoke <ashoke.k.mandal_at_medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:22:50 -0500

One of my friend is getting the following error while restoring 1.5TB data in windows environment.
As I understand that some of the backup sets are missing and the database is restored up to 78%. .

He got the missing backup sets. How can he restore the data files from the missing backup sets? What commands should he use?

Thanks in advance,
Ashoke

channel ORA_DISK_1: reading from backup piece Z:\BACKUPS\22IF5B2R_12_1

ORA-19501: read error on file "Z:\BACKUPS\22IF5B2R_12_1", blockno 64256
(blocksize=8192)

ORA-27070: async read/write failed

OSD-04016: Error queuing an asynchronous I/O request.

O/S-Error: (OS 121) The semaphore timeout period has expired.

ORA-19870: error reading backup piece Z:\BACKUPS\22IF5B2R_12_1

ORA-19501: read error on file "Z:\BACKUPS\22IF5B2R_12_1", blockno 64000
(blocksize=8192)

ORA-27070: async read/write faile

RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 04/17/2007 15:29:57

RMAN-06026: some targets not found - aborting restore

RMAN-06023: no backup or copy of datafile 3 found to restore

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records. http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com