Transportable tablespaces...

From: Marco Gralike <Marco.Gralike_at_AMIS.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:18:09 +0200

We are investigation if it is possible, instead of using exp or expdp, to use transportable tablespaces for moving tables with in them columns of type XMLType (CLOB storage) from one database platform to another database platform. I haven't done this yet, I would appreciate some insights.

Has anyone experience with this? (/ is it possible?, see tab below)

          Source                               Target
Database  Oracle Enterprise Edition 10.1.0.3.0 Oracle Enterprise Edition 10.2.0.3.0
OS        RedHat Linux AS 3 (32bit)            AIX 5.3 (64bit)

Marco