Datapump vs. 9i

From: Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:54:31 -0500

Yeah, I know It's not supported. Here's the scenario:

Current:
  HPUX, 9.2.0.5, 2TB Warehouse

Moving to:
  AIX5L (5300), 10.2.0.3 Size/function same.

Would like to try using expdp/impdp as method of moving data. Is it possible to install the datapump scripts (dbmsdp.sql, catdph.sql, catdpb.sql, etc.) into a 9i database for using the expdp from a remote client? Has anyone tried it? My export area is mounted on the AIX box so if I could use the 10g client to export it down and then import it up locally would be my best scenario.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions...

Rodd Holman