RE: Cloning databases from Sun Solaris to Sun X86 architecture

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:47:00 -0400

The 'endianness' depends on the hardware architecture. x86 is little endian, Sparc is big endian.

So, if you're moving from Solaris Sparc to Solaris x86, you're looking at changing endianness. With 10g, RMAN can be used to move tablespaces across machines with differing endianness.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."