Re: rename a clustered node

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:52:55 -0400

I've done it but it's not supported generally. The way to do that is to rerun part of root.sh removing certain files in advance. You will also need to edit hostnames there. Next you will need to add all the resources from scratch, vip configugation. In the end you will need to hack you inventory to update node names. I don't have details with me now but I have it in my 'to blog' list for a while so it should make it there soon.

On 4/17/07, Kerber, Andrew W. <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com> wrote:
> We have another rac project going, and we are preparing to take it live
> in the next month or so. However, at the start of the project we named
> the nodes new-{nodename1} and new-{nodename2} (not the real names
> obviousely) and now we want to change the name of those nodes to just
> {nodename1} and {nodename2}. I put in a service request w/ oracle on
> how to change the names. Oracles response was to remove each node and
> add it under a new name. Well, the notes they give for taking a node
> out of a cluster involve completely uninstalling and removing the
> clusterware also.
>
> My question is, has anyone managed to successfully rename a clustered
> node without taking it out of the cluster and adding back in under a new
> name? Or at least without uninstalling clusterware? If so, how did you
> do it?
>
> Solaris 64
> Oracle 10gR2 Clusterware.
>

> Andrew W. Kerber
> Senior Oracle DBA
> UMB

> NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are
> confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual
> or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
> any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution
> or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in
> error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
> permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies
> of this message from your computer system. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://www.oracloid.com