How to resize the data files

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:36:47 -0400

Hi,

We had a 4 big table in tablespace ts1 and we range partition the tables into 4 partitions and assigned tablespaces ts2-ts5 and now we want to reduce the size of the datafiles in ts1. Even though the data for the big tables does not exists on ts1 anymore but due to high water mark it is now allowing me to shrink the datafiles.

What is the best possible way to resize the files.

Thanks
--Harvinder

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 18 2007 - 16:36:47 CDT