RE: URGENT: INCOMPLETE RECOVERY

From: <Jay.Miller_at_tdameritrade.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:32:07 -0400

Hopefully this was fixed last week but just in case the last time I had this problem I was able to resolve it by simply following the following stops:

  1. recover database until cancel using backup controlfile;
  2. cancel;

While I had gotten that error after the auto apply of archive logs, manually cancelling it allowed me to do an open resetlogs.

Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA
x68355

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bobak, Mark Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 2:16 PM
To: rhojel.echano_at_gmail.com; paulastankus_at_yahoo.com Cc: oracle-l
Subject: RE: URGENT: INCOMPLETE RECOVERY

If she's doing an incomplete recovery, she'll never get far enough in recovery to apply current redo log from the source.....

Paula,

I know you said you were sure about begin/end backup on everything, but, check your alert.log. Does it have any messages about "fuzzy" datafiles? If so, you missed a begin/end backup somewhere.

Also, make sure you ended backup on all datafiles:

select distinct status from v$backup;

The above should return a single line:

NOT ACTIVE   Finally, if none of that works, please post the exact text of the error message you're getting.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Rhojel Echano Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:18 AM To: paulastankus_at_yahoo.com Cc: oracle-l Subject: Re: URGENT: INCOMPLETE RECOVERY have you tried copying the current redo log from the source and applying it to the clone? On 4/12/07, Paula Stankus < paulastankus_at_yahoo.com <mailto:paulastankus_at_yahoo.com> > wrote: This should be a simple clone and I have done it a million times. However, finding the space and cloning a 200+Gb with over 188 files is difficult especially when you don't have the space readily available to clone to. So here I am exhausted trying to bring a database open after incomplete recovery. I have checked and double-checked that I have done a begin backup...cp,,,end backup on each datafile, have a controlfile and database in mounted stated, have all the logs - in fact, apply logs that I know were created far after the backup. mounted database recover database using backup controlfile until cancel endless applying of archive logs I cannot open the database with resetlogs. I cannot open it at all. I am getting that error that not all my files are in-synch. sigh. Any good ideas out there - maybe I just need another set of eyes. :) Thanks, Paula Version 8.1.7.4
Looking for earth-friendly autos? Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" <http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/;_ylc=X3oDMTE4MGw4Z2hlBF9TAzk3MTA3M Dc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDZ3JlZW5jZW50ZXI-> at Yahoo! Autos' Green Center. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l