Re: Alert Once Functionality.

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:16:05 -0700

On 4/18/07, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all for your replies. Some interesting stuff going on out there.
> A couple of you had in mind that this was a presentation about email
> notifications, it isn't - it's a small part about managing an oracle
> operation badly :). The base point here being that excessive emails lead to
> important things being missed. And the scope is rather wider than just
> monitoring the alert.log.

I don't know if I stated it clearly in my previous post to this thread, but that
is one of my goals as well.

The method employed for avoiding things via too many emails may be different though.

The emails are still sent, my mail is setup to put them in their own folder.

Anything immediately important results in a page. The emails are for reference.

--
Jared Still