OUI - animated cursors in 10g R2 patchset 2 (10.2.0.3) for Linux x86

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 19:32:53 -0400

I can't believe what I just saw.
During the install of the 10.2.0 patchset 2 (10.2.0.3) for Linux x86 (using X), an animated cursor was used while OUI was attempting to do something prior to displaying the "Summary" screen. Whomever coded an animated cursor in OUI should have to run an Xserver on their laptop while running Mozilla on a server 3000 miles away. For a week. I hadn't noticed this behavior earlier, as the servers that I've applied this to resided on remote networks.

Animated cursors are just an attack vector waiting to happen. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-017.mspx

Tell those java developers to make it complete without error and to run fast. No visuals required.
Just a log file indicating issues and a return code = 0 is all that I want.

Where is Mladen when you really need him?

Paul