Re: Alert Once Functionality.

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:17:15 +0000

can you post when the article is done. I am writing shell scripting to send me email alerts now.

I'm going to be talking about the perils of email notifications for Oracle databases next week - namely that you either don't monitor what you should, or you get drowned in alerts, often repeated. I see two basic alternatives to this approach - the dashboard approach (see the eye candy thread) or being alerted on the detection of a problem, and then not until it is resolved. If anyone uses the second approach I'd love to hear what tools you use.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Apr 17 2007 - 11:17:15 CDT