Re: Clusterware re-installation

From: Naqi Mirza <naqimirza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 07:12:34 -0700 (PDT)

Have you had a look in /var/opt/oracle/, oprocd (part of the clusterware) has some info there. If on linux I guess this would be on /etc.

Here is kind of a strange one. I have a couple of development machines I am using for experimental purposes. I deinstalled clusterware from both boxes, and reinstalled the OS from scratch on one box, and now I want to reinstall clusterware. However, I am getting an error message that clusterware is already running on the second box (the one that did not get the os reinstalled). However, I checked and the clusterware directory is gone, and the box has been rebooted since the it was removed. In fact all oracle software, including the inventory has been removed from the second box, but it still says that clusterware is running on that box.

Obviously the installer is looking at something outside the oracle directories to determine that clusterware is running. Is there a config file somewhere that it is looking at? Any other ideas?

Andrew W. Kerber
Senior Oracle DBA
UMB "If at first you dont succeed dont take up skydiving."

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system. Thank you.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Apr 17 2007 - 09:12:34 CDT