Oracle 10g R2 RAC - network configuration

From: Venkata Giri PG <dbagiri_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 03:12:01 +0000

All,We are in the process of setting up 2 node 10g R2 RAC on AIX 5.3 with the following componentsOracle 10g R2 RACOracle ClusterwareAIX 5.3HP storageASMI have few quesitons on network configuration:*) What is the best configuration for private NICs. we have 2/3 nics for this purpose. Is it better to use teaming technologies for NIC HA or use init.ora parameter for cluster_interconnect for specifying more than one Private IP. Can I give more than one NIC for private IP during installation*) What is the best method for teaming NICs on AIX. It looks our Switch does not support ehterchannel, what are the other methods supported.ThanksGiri

All-in-one security and maintenance service for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial! http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=wlmailapril