Re: PGA Memory in 9i versus 10g

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:49:30 -0500

Tarik,

Since your question did not receive a reply, I'm guessing the answer isn't a simple one. Memory requirements are significantly different in 10g (guess more). Are you truly only concerned with PGA memory? If so, perhaps you could take a representative test on 9i, measure the PGA, then run the same test on 10g. Again, I haven't studied this issue in detail, but since you didn't get any replies, I thought maybe this would either help you or provoke someone more knowledgable into replying.

Dennis Williams