RE: Question on RMAN Restore into another server having different file structure

From: Josh Collier <Josh.Collier_at_banfield.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:06:35 -0700

You can also use the parameter db_file_name_convert and log_file_name_convert on the auxiliary instance.

josh c.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Anurag Verma Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 2:54 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Question on RMAN Restore into another server having different file structure

I have an Oracle 9.2.0.7 database in Server ABC.

The 9.2.0.7 database has to be restored into server XYZ which has same 9.2.0.7 installation except the directory structures are different in this server.

e.g., Datafiles in the source server are in /u01/ORACLE/ and /u02/ORACLE/ and the directory in which datafiles will be stored in XYZ Server is /opt/oracle/admin/<database>/datafile/

So if I am using RMAN, how can I restore the database files into a different directory structure in XYZ Server?

Anurag