Re: Best suggestions to become an Orac1e C0re D.B.A

From: Allan Nelson <anelson77388_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:32:13 -0500

Mastering Oracle SQL and SQL*Plus by the late Lex De Haan will get you a good grounding for SQL. The OReilly title PL/SQL for DBAs will get you started there. Tom Kyte's books are great for background and design "Expert Oracle Database Architecture: 9i and 10G Programming Techniques and Solutions". In the documentation set it Concepts followed by the Database Administration guide and then Tuning guide. If you get through all that you should be in pretty good shape.

Allan