RE: KIll Session in - RAC DB

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 13:35:15 +0800

> I think scheduling a job that runs ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION
> on a specific instance is a more elegant solution.

yeah I also thought of that but a quick look into DBMS_SCHEDULER procedures didn't reveal me the option how to set the only instance_id allowed for running the job.

now I checked some more, DBMS_SCHEDULER would need a separate service to be defined for each instance in RAC and the job should be defined with service affinity.

and only now I realized that the dbms_job.submit actually has the INSTANCE parameter in it, so this makes killing sessions even easier.

Someone must remove those jobs later on though. or the other way would be to write the procedure to be self-removing..

Tanel.