Re: ORA-01861 on rman

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:06:04 -0700

On 4/13/07, Prabhu, Krishnaswamy <prabhu_adam_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> We are getting the following error when we tried to do time based
> recovery.
> Can anyone help us to resolve the same.
>
> RMAN> run{
> SET UNTIL TIME '2007-04-11:09:29:00';
> restore database;
> recover database;
> }
> 2> 3> 4> 5>
> executing command: SET until clause
> RMAN-03002: failure of set command at 04/13/2007 07:10:52
> ORA-01861: literal does not match format string

When asking questions it is best to include all pertinent information.

Oracle version and OS version are minimum requirements.

As it is, this error can be resolved by setting the NLS_DATE_FORMAT at the OS level.

How you do so differs by platform. It must be done differently on Windows for instance than it is done on Linux.

--
Jared Still