Re: How login as sysdba with sqlnet.authentication=none

From: Eric Jenkinson <erichjenkinson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:58:45 -0500

> How can you login with sysdba when SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION is set to NONE?
>
> We have a server that got put into a different domain. In order for users
> outside the domain to connect, we had to change SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION from
> {NTS} to {NONE}. With the authentication set to NONE, I can no longer
> connect as sysdba.
>
> Logged into the server as Oracle or myself, I get ORA-01031: insufficient
> privileges when trying to login in with any of the following combinations:
>
> SQL> connect /as sysdba
> SQL> connect sys/sys_passwd as sysdba
> SQL> connect sys /as sysdba

The second and third lines listed above should prompt you for the password and allow you to connect, providing your user is in the ORA_DBA group.

For RMAN you have to provide the user name and password;

c:\sql>rman

Recovery Manager: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Fri Apr 13 11:54:49 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

RMAN> connect target /

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

RMAN> connect target sys/<password>

connected to target database: ORCL (DBID=1133000557)

RMAN>