Re: syncronized backup

From: Yavor Ivanov <Yavor_Ivanov_at_stemo.bg>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:59:24 +0300

	I have had such case with 2 servers using Oracle Advanced Replication (this is, master-to-master). The backup scenario I implemented had such thing:
	1. run backups so they finish "about" the same time
	2. when both backups are finished, break replication push jobs (this is equal to STOP SYNCHRONIZATION)
	3. get SCN from one database; get SCN from other database; white both SCNs to flat file
	4. un-break push jobs (this is equal to RESTORE SYNCHRONIZATION)

	Steps 2-4 can be done with a script in less than a minute. In this scenario nothing have to be done in extremely same moment on both databases (which would be quite difficult).

--
Regards,
Yavor Ivanov