Re: Windows DB best practices

From: Bill Ferguson <wbfergus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:21:06 -0600

Something that may help is a document at:

http://www.cisecurity.org/bench_oracle.html

I'd consider it a list of suggested practices, but our organization has decided it is the Bible and that we need everything in at least 70% compliance of it, since many parts contradict each other. If you do this, then do this requirement, otherwise do that requirement.

Many of the details on how to accomplish the various requirements will require researching through MetaLink, if you don't know how to do them already.

Most are just common sense type things, but there's also a fair amount that really don't seem to make sense, other than to make things as difficult as possible for SysAdmins and DBA's.