RE: Best way to calc transactions for the month

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:21:22 -0400

Well, if you look at Statspack snapshots, that will give you transaction rate, but it won't include selects. If I recall correctly, it looks at the user rollbacks and user commits statistics. In fact, it will count transactions, which could be made up of many DML statements.

Hmm...I can't think of any good way to do this, short of turning on trace or auditing, and summarizing data from there.

Any chance you can talk him out of asking for what he's asking for? ;-) It's almost certainly not at all meaningful or useful, but convincing him of that may be a political and diplomatic challenge...;-)

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Becker Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:24 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Best way to calc transactions for the month

The president of the company would like to know how many transactions per month are running through the database. He wants to include all selects, inserts, updates, and deletes. What would be the best way to gather this information. Is there a way I can easily break it down by each type of transaction?

Oracle 9.2.0.8, RHEL 4.0

Sandy

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 11 2007 - 12:21:22 CDT