Another question about Stored outlines not being used

From: Binh Pham <binhpham15_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:38:08 +0000

My previous questions about stored outlines getting few answers from people on this list.  However, I'm trying again.

I have a stored outline in prod.  By looking at the o$hints table, it obviously uses a specified index, however, after flushing the current SQL from the shared pool (obvious by the number of loads and the stats being blanked out), repeatedly the plan in V$SQL_PLAN has the old plan which has a full scan on the table.

In V$SQL, the outline is showned to by used (outline_category column has the category name).

After looking at everything, still no clue on why this is happening.  Any help is appreciated.

BTW, is there documents on how to read the ol$hints to make some sense out of it, ie to assemble these rows into a more readable plan?

Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 11 2007 - 10:38:08 CDT