Re: Windows DB best practices

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:38:26 +0800

Create a seperate Windows Account in the Adminstrators group. The Installer then uses that Administrator privilege to create the ORA_DBA group and update the Registry. Thereafter, if you create another Windows account, it doesn't have to be in the Adminsitrator's group -- the ORA_DBA group is sufficient to be the same as the Unix "dba" group.

Hemant

At 01:28 AM Wednesday, you wrote:
>Yes, I know the first one is "use *nix" but I am tired of fighting
>about it and my boss made the decision.
>
>The main question I have is whether to create an oracle-specific
>account or just use an administrator account. Also, any links to
>Windows best practices would be great.
>

>--
>Stephen
>http://andertfamily.net/racing_reports.aspx