Re: ORA-00600 [17281] [1001] from JBOSS

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:21:09 -0500

I was able to recreate the ORA-00600 on demand using the bad_func example to throw a NO_DATA_FOUND error (but not really throw it), and then wait for JBoss to call the IdleRemover. However the ORA-00600 was only generated when JBoss was using the OJDBC 10.2.0.3 jar. With the 10.2.0.2 jar, no ORA-00600 was generated.

So we'll be reverting to the 10.2.0.2 jars. I can't say if that means the application will stop generating ORA-01403 errors, so right now we're just treating the symptom and not the cause.

I've done a little write-up here:
http://seilerwerks.blogspot.com/2007/04/heart-of-darkness.html

Don.

--